Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Teachers

When you have children, you find out the world is full of teachers. They learn from the teachers at school. They learn from their parents. They learn from their friends.  They learn from everything.  However, there is one place where they particularly like to pick up bad habits - the television. This has become especially evident with Everett. While the kids only watch age appropriate shows, he gets the benefit of watching his big sister's favorites. This provides a growing vocabulary words it isn't ready to handle. Thanks to Sheriff Callie and Charlie Brown, he's got two new favorites.  He used them both on me recently...

Me: Everett, be still so I can change your pull up

Everett:  Nooo, I don't want to change my pull up

Me: Buddy, we have to change it. Now stop moving.

Everett: You stop bullying me, blockhead.

Me: 1) Don't say that 2) We gotta stop watching TV.

So, there you have it. I'm a blockhead and a bully. Who knew??

No comments:

Post a Comment