Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Time

From time to time when I'm out with other guys and I head out early so I can see the kids before they go to bed, I hear a chorus of "it's one night" or "they'll still be there in the morning". These comments imply that I'd be missing out on something just to see my kids. The truth is, for me, when I get home and get a big hug from Everett, get to hear Amelia pray for Jesus to look over her brother even though he was too grumpy to say prayers, or get to scratch their backs as they fall asleep, there's nothing in the world I could be missing. There will always be another drink or another game to watch. The time where my children are this precious and vulnerable is now and it is fleeting.  I don't plan on missing any of it that I don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment