Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sweet Boy

Tonight proved that quality is at least as important as quantity.  I only got to spend a few minutes with the kids this evening because I had to work late. That said, thanks to Everett, they were pretty great minutes.  First, he wanted me to write his name on his new tennis racquet (once Amelia got one, it was a foregone conclusion that he had to have one). So, he told me he would spell it for me. I humored him and asked him to go ahead. The next thing I know, he said "E-V-E-R-E-T-T" .  Meggan and I had no idea he knew how to spell his name! I couldn't have been more proud of him. Then, he asked me if I could lay with him tonight.  As I was scratching his back, he turned over, gave me a hug, and said "I love you, sweet daddy."  I'm telling you, that little guy is pure joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment