Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Joy of Life

While I was putting Amelia to bed tonight we had a little talk that reminded me that perspective is everything...

Amelia: Why do I have to keep doing spelling tests?

Me: So you can better learn to write and read books.

Amelia: Why do I have to write? There are already lots of books.

Me: Well, you don't have to write books. You might want to write notes or letters and you definitely want to read books.

Amelia:  I can already read books.

Me: Yeah, but you want to be able to read really big books.

Amelia: Why?

Me: Well, because that's one of the best ways to learn things and learning new things is one of the great joys of life.

Amelia: (thinking for a second) Hmmm, I thought the great joy of life was riding on a carousel.

Me: Well, yeah, learning AND riding carousels.

No comments:

Post a Comment