Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Saavy

As proud as I am of Amelia, sometimes I worry that she's going to outsmart her parents sooner than I had expected...

Me: Is Billy* invited to Timmy's* birthday party?

Amelia: Of course, they're best friends!

Me: Oh, really? I didn't know that. 

Amelia: Yeah, Billy said "Timmy's my best friend" and that was really dumb. 

Me: Dumb? That sounds really sweet. 

Amelia: No, it was really dumb because now Mrs. Smith* knows they are best friends. So, now there's no way she'll let them sit together. 

Me: Wow. I see. 

Amelia: You have to say he's not your friend so then she'll sit you together so you can learn to be friends with everyone. 

Me: I'm in trouble. 

(*names have been changed to protect the innocent)


She looks sweet, but trust me, there's a lot going in that brain...

No comments:

Post a Comment