Sunday, December 6, 2015

Mastermind

This is an example of what I'm dealing with .....


Me (as we arrived home from the mountains): Man, my back is sore from those bumper cars.

Amelia: Would you like me to give you a massage?

Me: That would be great. Thank you, baby.

Amelia (once we got settled at home): Are you ready for your massage?

Me:  Sure. 

Amelia: Okay, lay down

She had me lay down comfortably to prepare for some yoga massages she's learned.  

Amelia (after massaging me for a minute or so): Does your back feel better?

Me (not getting much from the massage, but enjoying the sentiment): It's starting to. Thanks. Will you rub the top?

Amelia: Yeah, just let me take a drink first.

I then felt ice water so cold it took my breathe being dumped all over my back (and subsequently bed). I flew to my feet in shock.

Me: What happened?!? Why did you do that????!!??

By this point, she was rolling on the floor laughing. 

After I settled down and dried off, I asked her again.

Me: Hey, why did you do that??  That wasn't nice. 

Amelia: I thought of that in the cabin two days ago and thought it would be hilarious

Me: You've been planning that attack for two days?!?

Amelia: Yeah, that was so funny. It was hard to wait. 

Me: You're lucky I respect your efforts. 

So, there you have it. I'm dealing with some sort of disciplined, patient, mischievous mastermind. I respect it...and I fear it. 

2 comments: