Sunday, January 10, 2016

Chess

Amelia didn't want to do her spelling homework today. As a quality father, this made me dig my heels in a little more. So, after a little back and forth, I finally got her to agree to write her spelling words.  That kicked off our second back and forth. She wanted to write them on the back of her spelling list for no apparent reason. I argued with her that she needed to use her regular paper to have more space to write her words and it made no sense to use her small spelling list. She fought back for a bit before finally saying she understood. I walked away victorious as she started writing down her words. She then brought them to me....



It's hard to see, so I'll let you know what that is... that is all her spelling words written in tiny letters at the top of the the paper I gave her. In other words, that's a big 6 year-old "F you" to me and proof that I can make her use the paper I want, but I can't prove her wrong about how much space she needs. As a competitor, I loved and respected everything about it. Ahhh, when they say parenting is chess, not checkers, they're wrong...it's war. 

No comments:

Post a Comment