Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dealt

While Amelia and Everett have always been opposites when it comes to sleeping (he is pleasant and quietly lays in his bed until he falls asleep while she fights with the power of 5 drunken vikings), he has started to adopt her fondness for finding his way to our bed.  Tonight, while I was tucking him in, he negotiated his best deal yet. First, he asked if I would sleep in his bed. This was a classic move to throw out an option he knew I wouldn't go for, but he didn't really want anyway.  Then, he asked me if I would just hold his hand.  Another classic move of the seemingly defeated combatant merely asking for mercy.  Finally, he hit me with what he really wanted - could he sleep in my bed? Luckily, I wasn't so seduced by his sweet, tiny hand-holding that I caved.  That's when he hit me from my blind side...he said "I just want to sleep with you because I love you too much." While, I still held firm on tonight, I did tell him he could sleep in my bed both nights Meggan is out of town this weekend. So, there you have it. I fell for the oldest trick in the book...let them so clearly think they've won at shooting down your one night plea that they don't even bother to look for the reversal where THEY offer YOU TWO nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment