Friday, August 18, 2017

Survival Mode

Our house has been struck by a modern nightmare tonight - we lost our Internet and our cable.  I know what you're thinking and the answer is yes. Yes I did panic, grab the astronaut food and guns, and go into full survival mode.  For some reason, Meggan's phone is out of data like it's 2010.  This left us down to only my work phone.  I kid you not, we almost had to spend the night talking to each other as a family.  Luckily, I recalled we had a stack of DVDs.  DVDs, kids, are what we had to watch movies on before you could stream anything at any time to any device.  The kids and I watched The Sandlot- a childhood favorite from which Everett has now picked up "you're killing me Smalls!" while Meggan read a book. Books, kids, are things people used to read before everything was a text message, blog post, or status update.  A good movie, a good book, a little conversation; tonight wasn't a total waste.  That said, obviously if the Internet and cable aren't back on tomorrow, we're putting this dump on the market and moving to a hotel immediately. I mean, what are we, cavemen??

No comments:

Post a Comment