Friday, September 15, 2017

Priorities

We have been tossing around the idea of moving to a new house to get the kids closer to their school.  Naturally, this topic is bringing daily interest from the kids. Here is a conversation I had with Amelia yesterday....

Me: I looked at a house today.

Amelia: Did you like it?

Me:  Ummm, I liked it, but I wasn't crazy about it.

Amelia:  Then why would we buy it?

Me:  Well, mommy and daddy are really trying hard to find a house that will get you guys closer to school, give you some neighborhood friends, etc.

Amelia:  Daddy, we aren't the only ones moving. You and mommy need to think about yourselves too.  You need to be happy.

Me:  You're right.  We will.  There's just a lot that goes into being a parent.

Amelia:  Yeah, well, just make sure you think of yourself too .... I mean, definitely think of me first.  But, then think about you. Me first. Then you.

Me:  You're too kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment