Monday, March 12, 2018

One of Those Nights

You ever have a night where you keep telling your kids you love them, not only so they know, but as a reminder to yourself of the reason you haven't sold them to the circus just yet?  Well, tonight was one of those nights.  I love my kids dearly and tonight was no exception.   In fact, I loved the way they whined because we had to leave the house and wouldn't have time for video games. I loved the way they wrestled each other in a restaurant.  I loved the way they found 876 distinct ways to say the word "butt".  I loved the way Everett screamed at me because I made him go upstairs even though he was afraid of the doll from the movie Annabelle.  I loved the way Amelia coughed until her throat hurt, but still refused to eat a cough drop because they don't taste good.  I loved the way the Amelia explained to Everett that I wasn't going to scratch their backs tonight because they had been huge pains in the butt....just so she could squeeze in "butt" #877...and so he could laugh like it was the first time he heard the word.  I really, really, really love my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment