Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Hero

They say not all heroes wear capes.  I think this is normally reserved for doctors, police officers, etc., but in my opinion, the guy who came to fix my internet yesterday qualifies.  After spending a few days with no internet connection, I can tell you it is basically the lifeblood of all things entertainment.  In my past life we could have gone to the movies, went bowling, or perhaps met up with some friends.  Now, in the days of COVID, there are no options.  After we were done enjoying the beautiful weather, we had no way to watch football, write blog posts, stream shows or movies, or submit homework.  It was also a joy explaining to Everett, who's had no concept of life without internet, that when Netflix is out we can't just watch Hulu and if Hulu is out, we can't just play video games online. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd say everyone should spend a few days living like old times without connectivity.  It feels weird to forage for food and make your own clothes at first, but you get used to it.  I just wouldn't recommend it at a time there is football, playoff basketball, and you're working and doing school from home.  Then, you need a hero to come save you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment