Thursday, November 26, 2020

Test

 I put Ev to a test yesterday and he passed .... sort of. We went to the recycling center to recycle boxes.  This is free to do, but I told Everett we were supposed to pay $25.  There are plenty of things you do have to pay for, so it was an easy enough story.  I also told him I had forgotten my wallet (which was true), so we were just going to sneak in and drop them off.  I just wanted to see what he would do when faced with a moral dilemma from a loved one...

I'm going to give him an A+ on the way to the "crime"...

    He kept telling me "you need to go get your wallet", "you need to ask if you can come back and pay them later", and "I'm not going to be a part of this. No way"


I'm going to give him a B- during the "crime"...

    He eventually helped me load the boxes into the bins. That's not great, but what kid is going to tell his dad no in that situation?? However, as he was helping, he kept guilting me by saying "Is this what you think Jesus would want you to do?".  So, he gets credit for that. 


I'm going back and forth between a D- and an A on leaving the scene of the "crime"...

    After we finished, he got in the truck, hid in the back floorboard, and yelled "Get us out of here, Butthole!" ...





No comments:

Post a Comment