Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Shooting Stars pt. 2

 A few weeks ago I posted this 

http://barberbabble.blogspot.com/2022/05/shooting-stars.html 

While we weren't able to bring home the title, I am happy to say we came in 5th place out of 64 teams.  Our goal going in was to make it out of the first round. Given the fact that Ev was one of the younger kids there, I am hoping we can make another good showing next year.  In the meantime, I want to say how proud I was of Everett.  My man was pretty intimidated when we walked into the gym to see 126 other people warming up and shooting baskets.  After a few pep talks, including the coach telling the boys the best feeling in sports is winning, the 2nd best is when you try your best and come up short, and the worst feeling in sports is when you don't participate because you're too afraid, he was ready to roll.  After our first win, his confidence was so high that he "carried" us to our second round victory....just ask him....he's happy to tell you all about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment