Friday, February 8, 2013

Thankful

We had a little situation at school tonight that reminded us to be thankful for the great friends we have in our lives. One of the parents in this house (I won't mention any names, but it wasn't me.) forgot to leave Everett's car seat at daycare for the other parent (Again, I won't mention names, but this was me.) Thus, we were stuck at school near closing time without a way to get home. After contemplating all options including stealing someone else's car seat, stuffing Everett in the trunk, and just leaving Everett at school for the weekend, I was saved by a shining beacon of good timing and kindness. Another parent offered to briefly leave her daughter at school while she helped me transport my kids to another friend's house nearby. Once there, we borrowed their carseat and were able to make it home. Sure, this may not have been the most treacherous problem in the world, but it always feel great to know you have people you can count on in a pinch....and it was kind of nice to avoid the need to duct tape Ev to my backseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment