Sunday, November 17, 2013

Talking it Out

If I were to post everything Amelia says that cracks me up, I'd literally post something every single night. Here are a few excerpts from today...


Meggan (to Everett): You did such a great job getting your haircut today. Mommy is so proud of you.
Amelia (referencing what we did while he was getting a haircut): Hey! I did a great job eating my ice cream!
------

Amelia (while discussing things that start with the letter "N" for show and tell): nut, neighbor, enough.
Me: baby, enough starts with an E, not an N...EEEnough
Amelia: not if you just have one
Me: one what? You can't have one enough
Amelia: You say it wrong. If you only have one, you only have A "Nuff"
----------

Amelia: You go first at prayers tonight.
Me: Amelia, we say our prayers in the same order every night. (This is because one of her all time great bedtime stall tactics became arguing over who should pray first, second, and third)
Amelia: How about if it is your birthday, you go first that night.
Meggan: Okay, but, it isn't anyone's birthday tonight, so start your prayers.
Amelia: Oh, it's SOMEBODY's birthday somewhere in North Carolina.
------
Meggan: (after we credited her for correcting us that it was indeed somebody, somewhere's birthday) Say your prayers or Mommy and Daddy are leaving the room.
Amelia: Okay, Dear Jesus, please help my mommy have a better attitude.
------
Me: What's wrong? Why are you crying?
Amelia (through tears): Because, umm, it hurts my feelings and I feel sad when I make bad decisions and you have to tell me 7 or 18 times to fix my choices.
Me: Well, I guess that's better than 8 or 19 times.





No comments:

Post a Comment