Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Goodbye

I just officially moved the last of our things out of the house. So, barring any unforeseen issues, we have said goodbye to our first home. It has been a home that has brought us far more pleasure than pain. It is the home I brought my children home to. It is really the home in which Meggan and I became true "grown ups". However, having said all that, I locked the door for the last time today and I didn't feel any sadness.  I'm a sentimental guy. I even teared up saying goodbye to my dorm room (which is one step up from a prison cell). Sure, I could probably drum up emotion if I picture us decorating their nurseries or think about leaving our neighbors. But, I just expected to want to hold on a little more. I suppose this means the time is right, the new house is right, and deep inside I know better things are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment