Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fired Up

You never know what is going to come out of a child's mouth....

1) Amelia: It (acting terrible in a store) was all Everett's fault. He is the one who made me feel that way and I couldn't control myself.

Me: Made you feel what way?

Amelia: Made me feel all wild.

Me:  Well, you have to control yourself. Everybody has to control themselves.  If I act wild at work, they will fire me.

Amelia: Fire you?!?

Me: Yep

Amelia: Does that mean they'll kill you with fire?


While she was off on that language interpretation, she really impressed me with her math intuition...

2)  Amelia: Why do I have to go to bed now?

Me: Because you are 5 years old

Amelia: No, there's only 7 days in a year, I'm 100 years old.

Me: Uhhh, no. There are 7 days in a WEEK. 4 weeks in a month. 12 months in a year.

Amelia: 4 weeks in a month?

Me: Yeah, pretty much.

Amelia: (begins using her fingers to count to 7 ...and then does it again from 8-14...and then again...and again) that means 28 days in a month.

Me: Wow. That was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment