Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Overconfident

Here's what I'm dealing with these days...


Me: Here, let me help you brush your teeth.

Amelia: I can do it better

Me: Your better at brushing teeth than me?

Amelia: Yep

Me: Really, dude??

Amelia: I'm the smartest

Me: You're smarter than me too???

Amelia: When it comes to all of me and all of you... I'm just better. 

---------------------------------------

Me: How was school?

Amelia: It was good

Me: Did you play with (boy who shall remain nameless)?

Amelia: Yeah, I played with the smart boy.

Me: The smart boy?

Amelia: Yeah, he always says he's the smartest.

Me: Oh yeah?

Amelia: He really just tells me things I already know.

Me: So, you're really the smart kid?

Amelia: Yeah, but I don't tell him because I want to encourage him.

Me: Well, that's really nice of you.

---------------------
So, as you can tell...I'm raising a very confident little girl who like most women, was apparently born with the ability to manipulate boys by stoking their egos. 


2 comments: