Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Bit Too Early

Amelia's teacher explained to Meggan today that she's had to have some talks with Amelia and a friend of hers (he will remain nameless) regarding their marriage. Yes, that's right. I said marriage. She had to explain to Amelia and her friend that in the history of the world, no kindergartners have ever gotten married. Last week or so, Amelia told me he was her boyfriend. I brushed it off as no big deal. In all fairness to me, I didn't know they were going to elope.  While I know they really just mean they are good friends and they really like each other, I am very, very pleased her teacher has annulled their nuptials.  We even try to discourage terms like "best friend" because we don't like her to section off with one or two people at the exclusion of others. So, despite these cute little possible wedding cake toppers she brought home, there will be no husbands for 20 years or so....




No comments:

Post a Comment