Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Way With Words

Amelia is always good for a laugh. Tonight was no exception. First, she said the following while trying to broker a deal with me...

Amelia: "Daddy, can we watch Ninja Turtles"

Me: "Uhhhh, I don't know. It's getting close to bath time."

Amelia: "Pleeeeease. If you let me watch Ninja Turtles, I'll be really really good for 10 hundred nights."

Me: "Hmmmm"

Amelia: "Actually, I mean 18 nights."

Me: "18?!? What happened to 10 hundred?"

Amelia: "Come on. You know I can't be good for 10 hundred nights."

============

And she said the following during her prayers...

Amelia (praying): "....and God, PLEASE help me understand why people have to die"

Then, I said my prayers and hoped she'd forget her question

Amelia (after my prayers): "Dear Jesus, it's me again. Nevermind about people dying. I figured it out....people die because you when you get old, you just get old and you used up all your time and you just have to go. Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment