Sunday, April 5, 2015

Chatting

With Everett sick today, Amelia and I had the whole day to hang out together. We took this time to chat it up ...




Amelia: Why did you have the "all because two people fell in love" sign over my door? I didn't fall in love with anyone. It should be in your room.

Me: It was there because ALL because two people fell in love, mommy and daddy got married, and then they had you. If we didn't fall in love, you wouldn't be here.

Amelia: Mommy could have married someone else.

Me: She could have, but their baby wouldn't be you. You are half mommy and half daddy.

Amelia: I think I got your face and mommy's hair. If I got your hair, I'd be so sad. But, if I did have your hair, I guess I'd just keep living because we only get one life.

-----------------------------------

Amelia (wrapped up in a towel): You know way back in the old days when the indians and cowboys were around?

Me: Yep. What about them?

Amelia: They would wear this like a dress out to a concert.

Me: They would?

Amelia: Yeah, but I mean way, way back in the old days ... like the '90s.

Me: The 90's?? Mommy and Daddy were in college in the '90s

Amelia: Whoooa, you're older than I thought.

------------------------------------------

Amelia (while discussing death, the resurrection, Jesus, etc.): But, how do I know God can watch over me?

Me: Don't you think if he can build all the mountains, color all the fish, and hang all the stars, he can manage to watch over one little girl?

Amelia: I guess so. But, I just don't think he knows me.

Me: Of course he does. He knows about every single hair on your head.

Amelia: That just means he counted my hairs when I was a baby in Heaven. Maybe I should make him an "About Me" book.

No comments:

Post a Comment