Thursday, May 25, 2017

Last Day

Tomorrow is Amelia's last day of 2nd grade. That is hard for me to imagine even as I type it.  I'm sure parents go through this sort of disconnect all the time.  I see she's getting taller.  I see she's doing awesome in school.  I see she's developed a sense of humor that makes adults laugh with her instead of at her.  I just watched her get up on stage and perform a piano solo.  I've watched her take such care and show such concern over Everett that I've named her "Little Mama".  Yet, I can't quite grasp that she's halfway through elementary school.  She's nearing an age of boys, cell phones, and other teenage issues at an alarming rate and I don't like it.  I know she'll always be my "baby", but I sure do miss the days when she was an actual baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment