Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Today was different.  For 37 years, Mother's Day was a day of celebration. This year, it still had that flair in my house and with my kids. Meggan is an amazing mother and she deserves the greatest day a person can have.  I did my best to make that happen (and I think I had some level of success).  That said, it would be disingenuous to say a small piece of my heart wasn't elsewhere.  The first Mother's Day without my mom was tougher than I thought it would be. I can't express how much I miss her.  Despite my best efforts, sadness and tears crept in on more than a few occasions. By the end of the day, the sadness of missing my mom and the wild appreciation for my wife had merged into a new kind of Mother's Day for me. From here out, it will be a day of celebrating the future with my wonderful wife and kids AND a day of remembrance and appreciation for the 37 years I was given with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment