Sunday, January 13, 2019

Real Woman

My truck has a large sunroof that the kids want open as often as possible. This led to the following conversation this morning...


Amelia: Daddy, will you open the sunroof

Me: Not a chance

Amelia: Why not? I want it open!

Me: I do too...but, not when it's 39 degrees outside.

Amelia: Well, I still want it open.

Me:  Why would I open it on a day like this???

Amelia:  Because I'm tough and I'm not afraid of cold air.  I'm a real woman. 

Everett:  A real woman wouldn't want to freeze her butt off. That's a dumb woman. A real woman wouldn't want to open the sunroof just to try to look cool. 

Me: Tell her, son. 

Amelia: Shut up, Everett. 

She then rolled down her window and proceeded to freeze us.  I'm not sure where Ev got his knowledge of women or keeping it real, but I know where Amelia lost her good sense....staying up until after midnight last night at a sleepover.  The girl needs her rest or she turns into a mean drunk. 

1 comment: