Friday, June 25, 2021

Smile

I've known for a while now that Amelia was going to crash into her tween years, teen years, and beyond with little to no regard for my mental wellbeing as a father.  For whatever reason, she ignored my pleas for her to remain 8 years-old forever.  She instead opted to grow into a smart, responsible, beautiful young woman. She's wonderful.  I'm so proud of her. Yada.  Yada.  Yada. Whatever.  At least I could always count on my man, Ev, to stay little.  He's snuggly, he's small, and he still needs me to pour his chocolate milk for him.  So, given all this and the fact that he knows I'm counting on him, can anyone explain to me why I am scheduled for his orthodontic consultation tomorrow to discuss him getting braces?? Braces don't scream squishy little kid....they scream smelly big kid starting his ascent disgusting adolescent/teenager.  Yuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment