Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dada has left the building

This past weekend, I wrote about Mia growing from a baby into a little kid. I thought perhaps this was mostly going to be noticed while on our trip because she was "hanging with the big kids". I figured once we got back home and into our normal routine she would settle back into her baby ways. Well, she had a surprise for me. Now, not only has she not gone back to being my little baby girl, but she has decided to stop calling me Dada. I am now officially "Daddy". I know this doesn't seem like a big deal to most of you and daddy is a pretty standard term. However, to me, it sounds completely different. It sounds so mature. I think somewhere in there I like it, but not completely. That said, it's probably going to be worse when she is a teenager and decides she is now grown enough to call me "Randall".

No comments:

Post a Comment