Thursday, March 24, 2011

Enough

Tonight was the first night where Amelia's behavior made me want to pull out my hair. However, after considering it would take me all of 6 seconds to pull out the precious little hair I have remaining, I decided that wouldn't cut it.

I had met my two favorite ladies out at dinner and it was Amelia's 2nd or 3rd time trying out a booster seat instead of a high chair. Booster seats do not have straps, so she is free to roam...or so she thinks. So, after several minutes of Meggan chasing her all around the booth, including a point where Amelia took her crayon and wrote on the wall, we quietly loaded up her things and she and Meggan headed home (this was after we ordered her ice cream and before she received it). The whole way out the restaurant, as I waited on the bill and to-go boxes, I heard her little voice saying "ice ceem" "ice ceem" "ice ceem". This ice ceem request continued on the ride home until Meggan put a stop to it by telling her she was absolutely not getting ice cream. Amelia's response? "sorry, mommy". Now, that normally would be enough to melt either of us and get her an even better ice cream cone than she was originally scheduled to get. However, we had hit our limit so badly tonight that even though the restaurant took the time to package up her to-go ice cream, she got exactly zero licks of an ice cream cone when we got home. I know this doesn't make us out to seem that tough, but trust me, Amelia would have lined up for a beating before she was denied an ice cream cone. If this doesn't work and she acts this way again, I'm considering letting Sophie eat her cone in front of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment