Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

Today was Amelia's big Easter egg hunt at school. As I mentioned on here, we've been practicing hunting eggs so we would be able to really bring the pain. Weeeeellll, there was one factor I suppose I missed when setting up practice - emotions. In my head, Amelia needed to use her eagle vision to find the eggs, and her freakish strength and speed to gather them. Unfortunately, I didn't account for the fact that once all hell broke loose and grass and eggs were flying everywhere, Amelia would start bawling at the sight of ANY other child picking up ANY eggs. She apparently thought it was going to be just like the back yard where she walks around while everyone watches and celebrates each egg she finds. Oh well, lesson learned.

P.s. - I'd like to give a shout out to the parent who thought hard Jolly Ranchers were good treats for 2 year-olds. Next time, just opt for chicken wings, they are safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment