Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Best Friends

Amelia had one of those nights where, as a parent, you teeter on the balance of putting her in timeout and selling her on Craigslist. She hit, she jumped on the couch, she said no, she spit, etc. For this display, she had to go to bed on her own. As expected, that was a complete disaster. At one point, she showed up downstairs with this (while crying the whole time)....

Meggan: You need to go back to your bed.

Amelia: But, I'm scared.

Meggan: There's no need to be scared. Your room is very safe.

Amelia: But, I can't go by myself. I only feel safe with a parent.

Me: Sooo, can't go to bed because you only feel safe with a parent?

Amelia: Yeah, because I love my parents and they're my best parent friends.

Both of Us: Yeeeahh, it's time to go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment