Thursday, May 24, 2012

Borrow Some

We've recently started collecting loose change for Amelia to help her understand money and spending and just generally to have fun with it. I figured she would enjoy the excitement of finding a penny on the ground or talking about the toys she could buy. However, what I didn't expect was that she'd want to take out all her money and count it every single night. This actually started to make me wonder if she was getting too money crazy. She put all that fear aside tonight with one tiny gesture...

Me (pointing to a hole I had just discovered in my shorts): A hole?? How'd that get there?

Amelia: Oh, maaaan.

Me: Oh, man is right.

Amelia: I'm sorry your pants have a hole in them, daddy. When we go to the store, I can borrow you some new ones with my money.

Me: You would spend your money on me? That's so sweet, baby girl.

Amelia: Yep. I will buy you some pink ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment