Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Kids are Funny

Tonight while surfing cartoons on the Ipad, Amelia came across an American classic which she explained to her mother and me like this ....

Tom is the mouse and Jammy is the cat.  Jammy eats Tom.

I'm sure I'll eventually correct her on the ins and outs of the legends Tom and Jerry, but for now, I'll let her believe she's discovered the new phenomenon of Tom and Jammy.

--------

Amelia has a rebuttal for everything...even things I didn't know she had any idea about. When I caught her swinging my golf club (which I keep under my bed in case of zombie attacks) around my bedroom, the conversation went as follows:

Me: Amelia! Stop that!

Amelia: (laughter and more swinging)

Me: Give me that (taking the golf club from her).

Amelia: Nooooo, Dad (which she has taken to instead of "daddy". I guess she's grown now.)!

Me: You do not need that. If you keep swinging it, you are going to break something.

Amelia: But, Dad, I haven't played golf in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment