Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It is Beginning

Meggan and I attended an Open House for prospective kindergartners at Amelia's future school tonight. Seriously, Amelia, who was a baby like a week ago, is closing in on Kindergarten. As I sat in the crowd listening to the Headmaster speak about the school, I almost got teary eyed at the thought of my little Amelia navigating this big, unknown world. I also became filled with excitement for all she is about to experience. She'll have exposure to things that I never did - her classroom has IPads for the students, the science room has a huge touch tank where you could reach in and feel different kinds of sea life, she will be taught Spanish, French, and Chinese from Kindergarten forward. She is a lucky girl and we are very thankful parents for the opportunity she has ahead. We intend to do everything we can to help her get the most out of it. I have no doubt she'll far surpass my wildest dreams for her.  Tonight may have been only the first step to the future, but every journey starts that way. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment