Friday, October 11, 2013

Well, She's Learning

Amelia is learning so many things these days. This morning she counted all the way to 100 for me. Then, on the way to school, we worked on addition and subtraction.  I honestly was very impressed with how well she did. I was even more impressed once I realized she clearly hadn't been going over this in school and hadn't heard of it (instead of subtraction, she told her teacher she could do "contraction" and then on the way home she asked if we could work on "Subtricity") .That said, as proud as I was for her math skills, I was even more proud at dinner when I realized she had learned a life lesson about the finer things. We were talking about what she wanted for Christmas and she said something that nearly brought a tear to my eyes..... she asked for a one hundred foot tower of bacon. Now, that is they kind of gift I can get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment