Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hustled

I have been hustled by what can only be described as two tiny adults masquerading as my children. While watching them play soccer, mini-basketball, and hula hoop in the yard, I decided to step up the challenge. I offered Amelia a dollar if she could hula hoop while kicking a soccer ball between two trees. She promptly nailed it. So, I tried my luck with Everett.  I offered him a dollar if he could hit two baskets in a row. He promptly nailed his first two shots. I went back to Amelia and offered double or nothing if she could hula hoop while shooting a basket. Nailed it. With tail between my legs, I went back to Everett and offered double or nothing on whether he could make a third shot. He then knocked down 8 out of 10.

I don't know who has been working with these semi-professionals in their spare time...but, I know when it is time to walk away from a bad bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment