Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Life Savers

Tonight was a rough night. Meggan had to work and I am nearly immobile due to some foot ailments.  Let's just say it isn't easy to care for the kids when you're on crutches.  You can't bring them a glass of milk. You can't carry their dinner to them.  You end up sweating profusely at the effort it takes to get up the stairs for bedtime.  That said, Amelia really came to the rescue.  She actually cooked dinner for all of us tonight (I handled most of the parts that could burn you) and helped clean up afterward.  She cared for her brother and every need he had as well.  Everett, on the other hand, mostly contributed by eating all the cookies so we wouldn't have to clean up as much.  Hey, every little bit helps.  He also dropped this on me as I was tucking him in.... "Daddy, I wish I could give you my foot so you'd feel better" ...That helped more than he could know.

No comments:

Post a Comment