Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy to see her

I made it home tonight not only in time to see Amelia, but in time to play with her for an hour or so. It's a funny thing how frustrating it can normally be when she doesn't feel well or is acting out. Yet, on days like today where I haven't seen her much lately, I just enjoy her company regardless of mood, health, or the fact that she ignores me for Sesame Street. The simple things like chasing her around the house and tickling her into relentless laughter can completely erase the funk of a long workday, work week, or even work month. Tonight was a night that I badly needed....even if our conversation on the couch went like this... "are you glad daddy's home to see you tonight?" "Noooo". "You're not? That hurts daddy's feelings. Do you care that you hurt daddy's feelings?" "Noooooo" and then she proceeded to smack me in the mouth. Ahhhh, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment