Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Know when to say when

I have been working for 14 hours straight. I did not make it home in time for dinner or to see Amelia before she went to bed. Unfortunately, this kind of work schedule has been pretty common the last week or two. I'm grateful to have my job and am thankful for the opportunities it provides. However, roughly 5 minutes ago, my computer locked up and I lost about 2 hours worth of work. So, I am now faced with only a few options considering I have a deliverable due at noon tomorrow that is now WAAAY behind schedule. 1) Stay up for the next several hours rebuilding what I had done and finishing the remainder of the analysis. 2) Light this P.O.S. laptop on fire and joyfully watch it melt away years of torment. or 3)Shut down, go upstairs and watch Amelia sleep for a little while and then peacefully join Meggan and Sophie in bed. My head says #1, my heart says #3, and yet, a small part of me is leaning towards the pure catharsis of #2. I'm pretty sure I'll end up in bed soon, but let's just say this laptop is lucky it houses too many pictures of Amelia and the only copy of the screenplay I've been working on. As for the work due tomorrow, I'll just have Sophie make up some numbers in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment