Saturday, June 25, 2011

I have an idea...

My computer is being worked on this weekend, so I have to post using the touch screen of an Ipad...which is no fun at all. So, this post will be short, but I wanted to share a few random Amelia notes....

In terms of her health, it appears the doctors feel the only solution is ear and adenoid surgery.

Speaking of tragic news, Amelia got a balloon for being a big girl at the doctor yesterday. Well, it was struggling a bit so we decided to let it "fly home to it's mommy and daddy" . Amelia was fairly on board with this, went outside, let it go, and waved goodbye....and for the rest of the day has cried for her balloon. I'm pretty sure she is still waiting on it to come back.

Speaking of crying, Amelia went around the house for a while today dramatically crying (on the brink of tears) and saying she "fell off wall and broke her crown". This means one of two things has to happen...either she has to stop watching this lame Humpty-Dumpty Youtube video she loves to emulate or we need to go ahead and enroll her in acting classes. (and before anyone gets concerned - no, she didn't fall in any way and no, she was not actually hurting)

Speaking of copying what she sees, one of Amelia's new favorite things to do is to stop quickly and say " Hey guys, I have an idea! Hold on..." the only problem is she doesn't have an idea. She just stands there or walks away after saying it. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even have an idea of what she is really saying. However, she says it so convincingly that I will continue to be lured into her web of false hope until the day actually finishes the sentence with an idea.

Speaking of not finishing something, I got exactly two strips into mowing my front lawn today before smoke and oil began coming out of my lawnmower. I would have preferred this happen before the two strips. Now my lawn is the equivalent of someone who has left their hair long and cut only a noticeable portion of their bangs.

Speaking of smoke, I got a smoker for Father's Day and I am going to attempt to use it tomorrow (after all, I won't be busy mowing the lawn). While I am very excited about the possibilities, I am not sure I have the patience for a cooking process that slow or that long.

Speaking of patience, the friend I had the screenplay/mission trip bet with is currently sitting on a loooooong 17 hour flight to Africa. Please keep him in your prayers. If I had to take a 17 hour flight, I'd likely attempt to chew through the exit door and escape...I considered that 17 minutes into my last flight...and we were still on the Tarmac at the time.

Speaking of long, I guess this post ended up not being so short after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment