Saturday, July 28, 2012

More Than One Way to get an IPhone

The picture you see before you was taken on Meggan's new IPhone. Why is this an important fact? Well, because as of yesterday afternoon, there were no plans for Meggan to have an IPhone. Somehow, while out to dinner last night, we lost her current phone (and I'm pretty sure someone found it because it was in a restaurant and was shut off long before the battery should have died...so, let's all take a second to hope they get an STD for not returning my incessant calls last night). The story from my head goes like this - I grabbed her phone out of the car and handed it to her when we were outside the restaurant. Her story goes like this - she left it in the car, has no idea why I grabbed it, and claims I never gave it to her. Clearly, only one of us can be correct and it is also just as clear that Amelia believes her mother. The entire ride home I had to endure this lecture from my 3 year-old in the back seat.....

"Daddy, we don't touch other people's phones"
"Daddy, the next time you take mommy's phone I am going to take your phone."
"Daddy, if you touch mommy's phone again, I am going to put you on the roof."
"Daddy, if you take people's things and you don't give them back you have to go to timeout."
"Daddy, why did you take mommy's phone and forget to give it to her?"
"Daddy, when mommy gets a new phone you don't touch one little piece of it."
"Daddy, putting our hands on other people's things is not nice. We don't do that."
"Daddy, if you get out of that seat, I'm going to spank your little booty."

The moral to this story? Well, there are two....First, I shouldn't take any more pictures with the IPhone until I learn how to rotate them properly. Lastly, if your wife keeps asking you for an IPhone, go ahead and buy her one before she takes her phone, throws it in the garbage at a restaurant, claims you never gave it to her, and turns your 3 year-old against you as some sort of alibi.


No comments:

Post a Comment