Thursday, March 21, 2013

Warming Up

After roughly 14 months of disliking me and basically treating me like his mom's boyfriend instead of treating me like his dad, Everett has finally started to warm up to me. I know this because we had a little breakthrough at school this week. Thanks to Amelia throwing up everything she ate...and I'm pretty sure several things she didn't eat, I had to take Everett to school while Meggan stayed home. I've taken him to school several times in the past and he has shown minimal emotion when I left him or when I picked him up in the afternoon. However, for whatever reason, this week, he cried and held his arms out for me when I tried to leave and he came running at me with all smiles when I picked him up. I'm pretty sure he is just using me to try to make his mom jealous since she's been giving Amelia so much attention this week...and I'm totally fine with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment