Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grown Up

Just in case you don't believe my admittedly biased opinion of Amelia, this is straight from her doctor's appointment today (she stayed home sick)....



Dr. (to me) - So, what brings you guys in here?
Amelia - My throat hurts a little bit and I have the stomach germs. I throwed up twice in the bed. I can't go to school today because I don't want my friends to get stomach germs.
Me - Yeah, that's pretty accurate.
Dr. (to me again) - Okaayy. Does Amelia take any medications?
Amelia - Um, I take Zyrtec before bed...and I take Nasonex after my bath...
Dr. - Well, thank you! Is it okay if I listen to your chest now?
Amelia - With your stethoscope? I have a Doc Mcstuffins stethoscope at home.
Dr. - You do? Oooooh. That's really cool.
Amelia - Yeah, I have a stethoscope, a Doc Mcstuffins Otoscope (which sadly I didn't even know the name for until she said it today), and a thing to check your blood pressure.
Dr. - Wow, you are 4 years old going on at least 17 aren't you...

No comments:

Post a Comment