Tuesday, June 4, 2013

She's On To Me

In my continual losing battle of wits with my 4 year-old.....

Me: What did you have for lunch today?
Amelia: Ummm, I  ate 4 pineapples.
Me(knowing her teacher, who we asked to monitor Amelia's lunch because she never eats, said she ate NOTHING): Are you sure? I don't think you ate any. Why don't you think about it and tell me again.
Amelia: Ummm, I really did, Dad.
Me: You reeeeeally did? Let me remind you that I talked to your teacher and I know what you ate.
Amelia: Ummmmm, I ate 4.
Me: Let me remind you that I hate lying worse than anything.
Amelia: You said hate. Hate is a potty word, Dad.
Me  Do you know what military school is?
Amelia: whaaaat?
Me: It's a school where you go to live if you lie to your parents.
Amelia: Noooo, that's silly.
Me: No, it's real. I hope you aren't lying because I guess you'd have to go to military school and I'd miss you. But, I guess if you really want to go there, you can keep lying.
Amelia: Noooooooo
Me: Also, Jesus can hear you and he knows if you're lying.
Amelia: Jesus can hear you too and he know if you're lying, Daddy!
Me: Okay, so maybe you don't have to go to military school.

2 comments:

  1. so what did she eat?...can I get the name of that military school as well, thanks chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, she ate nothing. Military school is great except it would be a punishment to me since I'd miss her so much!

    ReplyDelete