Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The best dad in this house

It was another daddy and Mia night tonight as Meggan had to work. I didn't have particularly high expectations for the night - I figured I'd read a little while Amelia played a few classical pieces on her piano. Alas, the stars were not aligned with that plan. At one point in the evening, there was a combination of factors that will give me nightmares for weeks... Amelia was not feeling well because she had shots today, she is cutting her eye teeth, she was covered in spaghetti, she was screaming in fear at the continual loud thunder from the storms we had, and she decided it was a great time to test all restraints and seals of her diaper with a massive poo. Luckily, this isn't my first rodeo. Rather than run screaming into the rain, I kissed her boo boos from her shots, got her a frozen teething ring, enlisted Sophie to help clean the spaghetti mess, cranked up Elmo so we couldn't hear the thunder, and manhandled that diaper. Who knew? Somewhere along the way I became a full fledged dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment