Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hmm, this time....not so good.

We have been pretty open about how thankful we are for all the things Amelia learns at daycare. While we'd like to think of ourselves as fantastic parents, we really can't take credit for some of Mia's finest moments. We did not teach her the "Hokey Pokey". It was at school where she learned "If you're happy and you know it...". They have helped her learn to sit in a chair and eat with utensils. Hopefully, they will be instrumental in potty training...seriously, I'm REALLY REALLY hopeful. All that said, this time, I'm not sure I'm thrilled with her newest development. This weekend, for the first time, I was scolded by my 15 month-old daughter. Since then, I have been told "No-No" with a wagging finger over and over again. I had assumed Mia picked this up from her mother or maybe she had heard it a few times at school. However, today we learned this was purposefully taught to the kids as a way for them to let the other children know not to take their toys. Now, Amelia and her friends run around like unruly pirates saying "No-no" to all authority figures. So, I'm going to have to work on correcting her of that habit...if she'll allow me to.

2 comments:

  1. you need to put a new picture of Mia up on your blog header. I know, I know, that one is just so perfect but you can always set her up in front of the laptop and take a new one of whatever shenanigans she gets into with it. I mean, with a mug like that it's bound to be cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't stage these things. I'll get a new one up there the next time I catch her blogging.

    ReplyDelete