Friday, June 4, 2010

Out of place

Well, I am away from home tonight without Amelia, Meggan, or Sophie. This is a very, very rare event. I'm away for my niece's graduation, which other than making me feel really old, is a great cause. However, I'm not one of those people who relishes the opportunity to be away. Yeah, yeah, I know... absence makes the heart grow fonder... A little time apart does you some good... Various other crap people say when they need a break. In some small form, I agree with all the old cliches. But, for the most part, I don't see what's wrong with being happy with the home and family you have built for yourself. I don't see the problem with *gasp* actually PREFERRING to be on vacation with your wife and child. Meggan is the person on this Earth that I most enjoy spending my time with. I can honestly say the pleasure of her company is a treat I never grow tired of. If admitting this makes me less of a man, I'm okay with that - because I feel like it makes me more of a husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment