Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Forgotten One

Not too long ago, I posted a picture of Amelia wearing a shirt announcing the impending arrival of our second child...and I haven't really mentioned it since. The funny thing is it has kind of been that way around our house as well. We planned it. We are extremely excited about it. We are even transitioning Amelia's room because of it. Yet, for some reason, I'm not sure it has really settled into our minds. We feel badly about the lack of attention the pregnancy is getting these days. That said, I don't know how to fix it. I refuse to shortchange Amelia during her remaining 6 months of being the sole focus. She deserves it and she'll never get it back. I'm sure we will do a better job once we know the sex and start putting a name with the preparations. Until then, I suppose we'll just keep ignoring the growing bump and the nice sympathy gut I am sure to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment