Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Well, we were somehow able to peel Amelia from her grandparents' grasp and bring her back home today. Overall, I think the trip was a success. I do have to admit that Meggan and I spent roughly 85% of our time at the beach talking about Amelia. So, in that vain, I'm not sure we got a real "break". Also, as only our luck would have it, our alarm went off at 6 a.m. the first morning - the exact time Amelia wakes us up each day. I'd like to give a special thanks to the person who left the alarm set when they checked out of the hotel.

From all reports, Amelia handled herself like a big girl and didn't get too upset that we were gone. Naturally, she repeatedly inquired as to our whereabouts, but that was about it. In fact, when we arrived back from the beach, Meggan and I camped beside her on the bed as she napped. I anxiously awaited her waking up to see her daddy and jumping with joy at the sight. Yeah, I didn't get that. Instead, she opened her sleepy eyes, looked at us, and said "I don't want to go home".

The only saving grace we had as we convinced her to cheer up about being stuck with her lame parents is that her aunt and other grandmother are coming this weekend and her grandma and grandpa will be coming up next week. So, she'll only have to deal with us...and our silly rules like "no fruit snacks at bedtime"...for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment