Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fair?

Prior to Amelia getting her new bed, I used to have a problem with her coming into our bed. We always tried to keep her out, but somehow she started finding herself in it more and more. It started when she was sick, but recently it had started to happen when she'd wake up in the early morning. And while you haven't lived until you've been mule kicked in the face at 5a.m., I was very excited to get Amelia her own bed so she could stay out of mine. However, a funny little thing has occurred. After months of me giving Amelia a hard time about climbing in bed with me and telling her to stay in her own bed, I am now an unwelcomed guest in HER bed. She loves her big girl bed and she lets Meggan snuggle in it, but not me. They have great talks each night, sing lullabies, rub backs, etc. I basically get to fetch water and turn out the light. I'm not sure what I did to get blacklisted, but it seems like I am going to have to be the one who sneaks in to someone else's bed at 5a.m..

No comments:

Post a Comment