Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pick Your Poison

As we are now two days away from setting up Amelia's big girl bed, I have started wondering which of the following two methods to handling it will be less mentally damaging to my daughter and my marriage. Now, many of you may be wondering what I am trying to "handle". Well, lets just say I am 99.99% sure we have no chance of keeping Amelia IN her bed and OUT of ours. So, I can only think of two options - either I put up a gate to keep her in her room or I let her in our room and I sleep in her bed instead. The first one seems a little damaging to her. I don't particularly want her to feel like her parents lock her in the dungeon at night(albeit a very pink, fluffy dungeon). However, me sleeping in the other room, while it would provide a great night's sleep, is a little sketchy. I mean, how long until I'm eating at the kid table while Meggan and Amelia break bread at the big table? I guess we'll have to wait and see how she reacts, then we will counter. All I know is I lost the battle of the bed with Sophie and I will not add a 4th to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment